We cannot dismiss the classic beauty of traditional weddings in all their ivory and black tie wonder, but, there are some amazing trends that we've noticed that make us want to start planning our own weddings! These are so much fun and sometimes the uniqueness and beauty just takes our breath away. There are definitely plenty of "why didn't I think of that" moments, here are our top 5:
5. Unique Venues: If your guest list is smaller you may want to consider some of these unique venue options for your wedding. Bed & Breakfasts, State Parks, Historical properties, Zoos (trust us!) and Art Galleries can offer a wonderfully unique and intimate experience to you and your guests.
4. Dessert Tables à la mode: Ok, so we LOVE cake and cupcakes as much as the next person (possibly more, it just might be the reason we're in this business) but we think it's awesome when clients add their own spin to things. Pies and dessert potluck tables are amazing and show off the uniqueness of the couple. Pie not your thing? How about an ice cream bar or s'mores? Unique desserts make the party fun and add a bit of flavor to the celebration!
3. Wedding Dresses: Did you know that wedding dresses were not traditionally white until Queen Victoria in 1840? (http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20140503-how-wedding-dresses-evolved). Regardless we love the trend of alternative color dresses and pops of color! Check out this gorgeous blush pink dress!
2. Mismatched Bridesmaids Dresses: We are thoroughly enjoying the trend of mismatched dresses for the bridesmaids whether it is in color, length or style. This trend can be as subtle or as bold as you want it to be and it can really take the stress out of finding that perfect dress that works for everyone!
1. Rings and Bling: Oh glory! We are in LOVE with this trend with all our hearts! Diamonds are a girl's best friend right?! Well yes, and no, from pearls to emeralds to rose quartz there are so many more breathtaking options nowadays! Take a look at these beyond gorgeous unique rings.
When it comes to unique wedding details the main thing to remember is to not give in to things just because tradition dictates that you should. By all means, if you love that traditional look go for it, because this day is all about you and your partner, so do the things that are meaningful to you! If you don't want to do a garter / bouquet toss, you really don't have to, Aunt Marge can deal (and the history behind those traditions is somewhat sketchy!! but more on that later)! Your wedding day should reflect your unique selves, it's your day!